Welcome to Bridport Medical Centre
With patient's needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Why can't I get a prescription for an over-the-counter medicine?
Click here to find out
GOVERNMENT’S PREPARATIONS FOR A MARCH 2019 ‘NO DEAL’ SCENARIO - MEDICATION
The Government has set out a scheme to ensure a sufficient and seamless supply of medicines in the UK in the event of a ‘no deal’ Brexit.
We have been advised that Hospitals, GPs and community pharmacies throughout the UK do not need to take any steps to stockpile additional medicines, beyond their business as usual stock levels. There is also no need for clinicians to write longer NHS prescriptions.
We ask that our patients do not request longer than the normal 28 days for any prescription as these requests will not be fulfilled.
If you do not OPT-IN to receiving information from us via e-mail / text message, communication from the surgery (including appointment confirmation text message and appointment reminder text messages) will STOP on 25th May 2018.
You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25 May 2018. To comply with GDPR consent requirements we need to confirm that you would like to continue to receive information via text message and e-mail from the surgery.
Bridport Medical Centre would like to contact you by text message and/or e-mail. During this digital age, text messages and e-mails are an efficient way to communicate with patients. If you agree to receive text message and e-mails from the practice, this will include;
- Appointment booking confirmation (text message)
- Appointment booking reminders the day before your appointment (text message)
- Notification of missed appointments (text message)
- Requests for you to contact the surgery
- Notification when test results are back, and if we need to speak to you
- Reminders to book an appointment (e.g. For a immunisations, annual check-ups, blood tests)
- Invitation to appointments you are eligible for (e.g. NHS health checks, cervical screening)
- Health campaign information
- Surgery information / updates (e.g. Change in opening hours, new service starting etc)
- Information about the status of a referral to hospital or specialist service
- Information about your medication and prescriptions
- Information about other services (e.g. contact details)
- Requests for feedback following attendance at the surgery (friends and family test)
To OPT-IN, please reply YES to the text message received from the practice OR speak to a member or our Reception Team.
WE ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE ACCESS TO APPOINTMENTS FOR OUR PATIENTS, IN PARTICULAR AT EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE OFFERED ONE OF THESE APPOINTMENTS, WHICH MAY BE AT A DIFFERENT SITE, PLEASE ASK THE SURGERY.
Make sure you and your family use the right service if you become unwell or have an accident -
Click on the picture...
Visit us on Facebook - keep up to date with news, events and health campaigns; both local and national. We provide many useful and topical links. If you are on Facebook - please LIKE our page!
About the Photographs in the slide show
(Site updated 15/04/2019)